Making sense of the many things that are needed to run an e-commerce business site can be confusing, especially if you don’t have a lot of experienced. Instead of wasting a lot of time and money trying to figure it all out, you should consider a complete e-commerce platform solution. Shopify is a prime example. For a flat monthly fee, you will be able to design, customize, manage, maintain and promote your very own online store. An overview of what’s included is outlined below.
Step-by-Step E-Commerce Website Creation
This easy-to-use e-commerce platform allows you to go through the entire process quickly and easily. Whether you have an existing domain and database or not, you can get started and be up and running in no time. Just work through the following steps using this simple e-commerce platform:
- Create a Basic E-Commerce Business Site – More than 100 templates that span many different themes are available. Choose one to get started. Some of them are free, and there are also premium templates. The template will act as the basic framework of your online store.
- Customize Your Site to Make it Your Own – There’s no need to stick with a generic template. This e-commerce platform offers many ways to customize the appearance of your store. From choosing different fonts to tweaking the color scheme, you can give it a dramatic new look with ease. If you are experienced with CSS or HTML, you can even edit the code to achieve the perfect design. However, that is completely optional.
- Add Inventory Items Manually or in Bulk – This e-commerce platform is compatible with Excel, eBay, Magento and other services, so you can instantly import existing items. Adding items manually is easy as well. In either case, you can customize each listing by adding product descriptions, images and a variety of details.
- Use Shopping Cart Software to Enhance Customer Experience – Shopping cart software is included with this platform. More than 50 forms of payment are supported, so you should be able to accept the payment methods that your customers primarily use. Customers can quickly and easily add items to their shopping carts. While placing their orders, they can even add notes. From time to time, you can view abandoned shopping carts and touch base with those customers to see if they’d like to complete their orders. The shopping cart software also includes automatic shipping rate calculation and easy order tracking.
- Enhance Your Store’s Appeal with a Robust Content Management System – Along with creating and selling products in your online store, you can use this e-commerce platform to create blog posts and web pages that allow you to reach out to current and prospective customers. No technical know-how is required.
- Manage Customers and Sales – This platform also includes a variety of customer relationship management, or CRM, tools. Sort customers into groups for easier marketing, create multiple staff logins and set up unique customer accounts.
Shopify is powered by fast servers, and monthly plans include automatic backups, 128-bit SSL encryption, email hosting and forwarding, e-commerce site hosting and more. Monthly fees range from $29 to $159. The Basic plan offers 1 GB of storage and supports up to 100 SKUs while the Unlimited plan offers unlimited storage and support for unlimited SKUs. You don’t have to choose a plan right away. A 30-day free trial is available. If you decide to continue, you should be able to pinpoint the right plan with ease.